The mess



I've been trying to find things that get me out of the house that are free. Anyway our ward has a book club and I've been meaning to go for a while but i keep forgetting to read the book. I went to the library last night and picked up this month's read, it's called The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Fortunantly the only copy they had was large type, and yes even though I am only in my early thirties I need the big print, especially since my glasses seem to have fled my home once again. This is a good read, especially since the author was a computer science guy, much easier to follow than my husbands thesis.


So now I'm thinking about what I should do differently in my life, you know so I don't spend the rest of it on Bull Street. A big one is that I need to get less frustrated over the little things. I really need to learn that the house doesn't need to be spotless, just safe and sanitary, the kids don't need to be dressed, and the laundry doesn't have to be done all the time.

Here's what I think is important after today...


  • Wear shoes inside so my feet won't get dirty.

  • Answer the kids quicker, even if I'm concentrating on something maybe it will help with the questions,, you know mom are you done yet? Girls I can only pee so fast.

  • If Stephen is home and I am frustrated just leave it's not worth sticking it out.

Here is a link for the book I just finished.... The last lecture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What kind of person takes kids camping....

Back to School