Glue and Soap

I decided today was the day to tackle the grime on the kitchen floor. I scrubbed until the floor was at least clean enough to eat from. It took three hours, although there were frequent time outs to comfort the one year old who insisted on running through the kitchen full speed. He'll make a great stuntman one day, I never knew people could really fall like that. Now before you go calling anybody on me he only fell once, after that he whined at my makeshift child gate wanting back in so he could run across the floor again.


With colossal task completed next on the list was lunch. Since we went blueberry picking yesterday the kids wanted to make a blueberry pie. Piemaking commences, I admonished the kids that I don't need help this time, and I get the crust made. I will spare those who are a little germ apohbic the details of this process as it occurs with my children, the earlier warning must not have been heard. Now time for lunch. To appease the kids I pull out the craft box forgetting that there was a bottle of Elmer's glue in it. Emily starts making a mess with it so I promptly take it away and put it where I think they can't reach it. Hours later during quiet time the two older ones sneak into the kitchen and smear glue all over the stools and the countertop. They had plenty of time to do it since I "thought" there was nothing in there too messy, and since they were at least being quiet let them go.

I then sent them to the bathroom to while I cleaned up the glue mess. (It would have been a much bigger mess if I had them clean it up.) When the glue mess was gone I went to the bathroom and was flabberghasted to find a lake in there.

It has surely been one of those days when I just go through life cleaning up one mess after another and end the day with nothing to show for it.

So what to we learn from this.....
1.) Elmer's glue doesn't belong in a house with young children.
2.) There is a rule in the child's book of conduct and it states that whenever Mom finish spends alot of time on something it must immediatly undone. This rule also applies to toys. If they are all over the floor they are to be left alone it is only after Mom has painstakingly sorted them into their propper bins that play may resume, at which point all toys must be returned to floor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What kind of person takes kids camping....

Back to School