Trips to the Mountains

We've decided to start taking mini vacations on the weekends. So yesterday with kids in tow we headed out. Haylie had said that she wanted to see some caves. so we went out in search of spelunking adventure. We'd noted a sign on the highway several times for Bat Caveso we thought we'd try that. We failed however to discover a cave in Bat Cave, NC. (I wonder why the sign on the interstate is so big?)

We did however discover The Beach at Lake Lure, and that is where we ended up. The kids really enjoyed it, it had a neat little water park with big water guns and a few water falls.

I put lotion on all the kids and judging by the fact that they aren't blistered today I must have done a pretty good job. On the other hand Stephen and I were to stubborn to ask for help getting sunscreen on ourselves. I have a swath on my back that I just couldn't reach, and Stephen is pretty red, although I remember putting it on him.

That brings me to what I learned today... Ask for help when you need it. I can't count the number of times that I've turned down help when I really needed it. I think that I would get less stressed out if I just let others help. Unfortunantly I'll never ask, and probably won't take others up on offers for help as often as I need to , but I have to admit that if I had just said yes when my sweet husband had offered to put sunscreen on my back I wouldn't be in so much pain right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What kind of person takes kids camping....

Back to School