Kids at the Pool

It's only two weeks into summer vacation, and already I'm ready for school to start back.

We were supposed to go to the beach but grandma is sick so we're waiting for her to get better so we can head out. In the mean time I find myself looking for somthing to do with my kids during the day.

Yesterday I decided that we could go to the rec center pool. It's practically free, close by and my kids will be entertained for a few hours. As an added bonus I won't be tempted by the apple pie in the fridge.

So here we go, all in our bathingsuits, including life vests, I grab a two towels and get in the car. Of course the kids whine and cry all the way to the pool, Haylie's too hot, Annie wants her babydoll buckled in with her, Justin just doesn't like the car seat, and Emily well she ended up in time out when we got to the pool, but I can't remember why.

The pool part was actually kind of fun. I got to talk to people over the age of 6, the kids didn't fight that much and Emily only had three time outs. much easier than being at home.
Then it was time to go. Haylie didn't want to leave wet. Emily didn't want to get out of the pool. Annie wanted to jump back in. It took 10 minutes to walk to the car, then another 10 minutes in the blazing sun getting them in their seatbelts. At the end I was exhausted, frustrated and just plain frazzled.

I don't know where that term frazzled came from but I really like it. It's how I feel. Like a rope that has been brushed out by a wire brush, frazzled.

I can't really decide whether this was worth the effort, or not. I did however learn some things from the experience....
1
. I should probably take 1 towel for each person 2 towels + 5 people = wet car seats.
2. It worked really well to not towel anyone off at the pool, even though it was hot,doing it in the car was easier than trying to keep up with them in the locker room, we've had bad experiences with Emily and a cell phone camera.
3. I need to bring the swimmies in.
4. Unrelated to the pool, I found out today that the liquid detergent is really not all that good to HE washing machines (neither are pennies for that matter) the repair guy said that it kind of gums it all up. He didn't say that it specifically killed the pump but he did try to sell me some stuff to help clean out the gunk build up.... I guess when I finish this bottle I'll have to switch back to powder, oh and he said to use warm water so it dissolves the detergent better.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What kind of person takes kids camping....

Back to School